Thursday 22 May 2014

Crazy.Surreal.LA.

Continuing on my current theme of 'goodness me, I had a pretty crazy-surreal experience in LA' - let me say that I found the walking (or not walking, in this case) habits of LA dwellers to be especially crazy-surreal. Driving around the streets in our automobile it was an extremely rare occurrence to see a single human being walking along, except in a mad dash to get into their car - as if the open air would cause immediate spontaneous combustion. I really am one for the outdoors & love walking here & there, so I really think I would struggle living in such a place (however much 'crazy-surreal' is usually my vibe). I have lived in the same area of London all my life & am good chums with lots of the neighbouring families. We bump into each other walking down the street, taking the dogs to the park, in the vegetable (chocolate) isle in tescos..I don't know how I would survive without these friendship afirming chance encounters, because nothing says 'life-long friends' like '"can you help me reach the kitkat chunky's?" right?

And the moral of the story is: How do the LA crowd get their chocolate??

As well as not seeing two-legged creatures roaming the streets, I also didn't see their four-legged friends wandering either, however I was very glad to find a massive shop dedicated to catering to the every desire of our fluffy counterparts.

Lamb, potato & peas - gluten-free dog food? I should think so.


I have a very jolly little dog called Daisy (in fact when I say she's 'very jolly' she's not THAT jolly in her old age..) who has always been at the receiving end of my fun in playing 'dress-up'. I started to enjoy this activity with barbies, then teddies, then my brother at one point & then of course myself at another, preparing Daisy as the perfect candidate. Jumpers, tshirts, raincoats, glasses, hats & the like..I was unbelievably excited to find DOG SOCKS in the LA pet shop! Winnie the pooh themed, no less. They were the perfect compliment to the pink bobble hat & 'One Hot Mess' tshirt I also paid good dollar for.
 Another crazy-surreal LA discovery was this CUPCAKE ATM machine. Quite like taking out money, you 'take-out' a cupcake. Love it.


In a final blog pop back to Palm Springs, I've got to show you some snaps from our last party - Soho House pop-up in an incredible private house in the desert..
Filled with the who's who of the festival-chic world, amazing food, flowing drinks, oh and a lake with a swan boat floating around.
Everyone has a swan boat in their back garden, right?



On a final note about the movment habits of the LA crowd, I am going to take them back out of the doghouse and tell you that they do ROLLER BLADE which give it 100 brownie points from me!
Kimberley & I cruised down to Santa Monica beach to rent skates and have a jolly jaunt up & down the sea front...in tiny little shorts (as this Daily Mail article pointed out...!!!)

Having a bit too much fun..


So Forest Gump right now...run Forest RUN! 

OR AT LEAST WALK.

No comments:

Post a Comment